Blue Triangle Multi-Cultural Association Facility Renovations
7,925 sq. ft.
The Blue Triangle Multicultural Center project involved the renovation of an existing historical pool and enclosure in Houston’s Third Ward neighborhood. The pool and pool building were in serious disrepair: roof leaks, a lack of HVAC equipment and neglect had caused the building and pool to be unusable. Our scope of work included :
- Refurbishment of pool, including new plaster surface, tile lane markers, anti-suction drains (per code), new filters to increase filtration turnover (per code)
- Replacement of roof and roof flashings
- Refurbishment of exposed structural steel and roof decking within the space
- Specialty coating systems at all exposed steel to protect from chemical fumes
- New HVAC equipment, including specialized humidity control devices and latent heat recovery system (used to heat pool), corrosion-resistant ductwork with specialized diffusers
- Upgrades to fixtures and finishes at changing rooms
- Accessibility upgrades
- Upgrades to all interior finishes, including plaster, tile and paint systems.